May 25, 2017
The World’s Smallest Universal Travel Adapter Electrifies Crowdfunders, Raising more than $180,000 on Kickstarter
New Delhi, IN—May 25, 2017
Compatible in over 150 countries, international travelers now have a space-saving adapter that ensures their devices stay charged-up – whenever and wherever they take leisure, business trips around the world
Micro, the world’s smallest universal travel adapter with surge protection that’s compatible for use in more than 150 countries, has raised more than $180,000 so far on the crowdfunding website Kickstarter – more than nine-times its campaign goal.
“We’re not only excited to see all the support we’re receiving in America, but also in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and as far away as Singapore and Japan,” said Micro Co-founder Sam Olawale. “International travelers who need to ensure they keep their electronic devices charged-up without the worry of packing multiple, bulky adapters are overwhelmingly supporting our product, which represents the next stage in the evolution of travel adapters.”
Micro, featuring a space-saving design that is extremely travel-friendly, works on every continent – and has a built-in fuse for protection against electrical surges in even the most remote locations on Earth. Olawale says the “one-adapter-fits-all travel buddy” can easily connect to a power source so travelers can ensure all their smart phones, laptops, tablets and other electronic gear can be easily plugged-in and charged-up while they’re at their destination.
Micro offers several innovative features specifically designed with the traveler in mind, including:
- A versatile modular design and functionality (patent pending)
- A less expensive price compared to other universal adapters on the market
- Compatibility in more than 150 countries on all seven continents
- A lightweight design of only 40 grams, 2.5 times smaller than the traditional adapter, making it easy to pack and carry
- Environmentally-friendly silicone used in the design
- An integrated, modular third pin that makes Micro compatible with English and English lookalike sockets
- An adjustable built-in casing to cover the third of any three-prong plug for ultimate safety and ease-of-use
- A built-in fuse to protect devices from electrical surges
To use it, travelers insert their phone, laptop, tablet or other electronic device’s plug into Micro, release the pins to match the electric outlet of the country they are visiting, plug it in and charge up their device.
“Micro really is a game-changer when it comes to travel adapters,” Olawale said. “Gone are the days of carrying bulky, hard-to-pack travel adapters – and worrying about power surges that can damage electronic devices. With Micro, you can ensure you stay connected whenever and wherever your travels take you.”
For more information and to purchase Micro at reduced early-bird prices only available during crowdfunding, visit the Micro Campaign Page on Kickstarter.